Welcome! Get yourself a cup of coffee or glass of wine and join the conversation. It's been a few months since we've gotten together to talk about spanking books and I've missed you!
Today we're discussing Wren's Redemption by Katherine Deane.
Nineteen-year-old gymnast Wren Montgomery was America’s golden girl, but then it all came crashing down. As far as the media is concerned, it was a devastating ankle injury which began her downward spiral, but in her heart Wren knows better. The truth is that things started going wrong the day her beloved coach Jonathan Reilly not only rejected her romantic advances, but actually spanked her bare bottom as if she were a silly little girl when she tried to hide her heartbreak behind an angry outburst.
Now at twenty-two, after one poor decision after another Wren has become the “bad girl” of the gymnastics world. Desperate to break out of her slump and with nowhere else to turn, she decides to accept help from the best coach she ever had… the same man who spurned and then spanked her years ago.
Jonathan watched Wren’s fall from grace, and he fell with her. He still blames himself for leaving the team—and more importantly, leaving her—and now that he has the chance to help his little rebel get back on track, he isn’t going to let it slip through his fingers. This time he’ll be there for her no matter what, both when she needs a loving embrace and when she needs a firm hand applied to her bare bottom. Most important of all, if she still wants him to be more than just her coach, this time he won’t let anything keep him from claiming what is his.
Points for Discussion
1. Were you ever a competitive athlete? How do you think your performance or interest in the sport would have been enhanced if you'd had a sexy coach who spanked?
2. When Jonathan begins spanking Wren as part of her training, she wonders if he's spanked other girls, particularly other gymnasts. Would that matter to you?
3. Jonathan incorporates spanking at the beginning of each training session to calm and focus Wren. What do you think? Is this sort of maintenance spanking effective for you? How do you feel about maintenance type spankings in books vs. disciplinary or sexy spankings?
4. There are a couple situations where Wren withdraws from Jonathan based on things other people tell her or when she peeks at his text messages and jumps to conclusions. Rather than asking Jonathan, she makes assumptions which lead to problems between them. Do you find this sort of behavior by a heroine annoying or is it simply human behavior?
5. Purple hair----fashion statement, emotional statement, or just a silly idea?
Katherine Deane is a multi-published, top 100 romantic and BDSM author and romantic at heart. While she enjoys her life as a stay at home mom, married to the man of her dreams, she also loves fantasizing. She reads and writes in many different genres, but her favorites are: spanking romance, paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction. She blogs about her life as an everyday woman (and closet Spanko), and about her career as a published author.
You can catch up with her at:
You can catch up with her at: