Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to PK Corey and Cassie's Space

I am pleased to welcome PK Corey to my blog today to celebrate the release of her first book, Cassie’s Space. And if that isn’t enough of a good reason to celebrate, it’s also PK’s birthday.

Celeste Jones: Happy Birthday, PK. What are you going to do to celebrate?

PK Corey: Thanks Celeste. I’ve been celebrating all week! Tonight we’re eating out with friends – three of us have December birthdays and tomorrow we’ll celebrate my MIL’s birthday.

Celeste Jones: Cassie’s Space, which just came out a few days ago, is your first book. Can you describe what this week has been like for you?
PK Corey: I think I’ve been feeling more nervous excitement than anything else. I’m pretty sure those who like spanking will enjoy Cassie’s Space. But I’ve also told many vanilla friends about the book. I’m very curious about their reactions.

Celeste Jones: Can you tell us a bit about Cassie’s Space? What’s the story about? Where did the idea come from?

PK Corey: Cassie and Tom are a more mature couple than you’ll find in most spanking stories.  Their marriage has lasted decades and they are still deeply, romantically in love. But Tom is an old-fashioned man and he insists Cassie behave like a lady at all times. She tries, really she does, but sometimes things just get away from her. Unfortunately for Cassie, Tom has the perfect hairbrush to bring things back in line.
Cassie wandered into my head when I was only eleven years old. My family drove from the east coast to California and back – 6,000 miles. Reading made me carsick so I daydreamed for the twenty-eight days we were gone. Cassie was grown then, probably forty. She was a minor character in an elaborate make believe family I created. As the years went by and I began to gain on Cassie in age, my daydream stories began to focus on her. I swear I’m not crazy, but Cassie seems to tell me her stories – all I do is type.

Celeste Jones: I believe that you’ve been blogging for quite a while. Can you tell us about your blogs and which ones are active now?

PK Corey: I have three blogs. Cassie’s Space is the name of my first blog, which I began in June of 2006. That’s where I first began writing Cassie’s stories. I still post stories there, though I haven’t been able to lately and I miss it. My ‘main’ blog is New Beginning, which is almost like an online diary. That site in the real me and tells about coming out to my husband and our seven year journey to find where spanking fits into our lives. My newest blog is PK Corey’s Reading Room. I think of the reading room my ‘writing site’ where I am getting to know other writers as well as putting up snippets giving people a flavor of my writing.

Celeste Jones: Is there another Cassie and Tom book in the works?

PK Corey: There sure it! Lazy Day just accepted my second Cassie book and it may be out as early as February.

Celeste Jones: Do you have plans to write stories about anyone other can Cassie?

PK Corey: I have written other stories and posted them for Fantasy Friday. One other couple I wrote about has actually crossed over into Cassie’s world. As Cassie’s stories continue there seem to be new characters moving in all the time.  Someday I may want to take a break and write other things, but for now I enjoy just sticking with Cassie and seeing where she leads.

Celeste Jones: Anything else you ‘d like to share?

PK Corey: I just want to say how much I’ve enjoyed the entire writing process. I want to thank you for having me here and for being so patient with my tons of questions. I’ve met so many writers lately and they have been so friendly and helpful. I feel I’m learning more and more as I meet people in the spanko writing world.

Cassie's Space Blurb: 

Meet Cassie, a former wild child, who meets her match, and creates the match of a lifetime. To nearly all who know her now, Cassie is a vivacious, sweet southern lady, who is the epitome of grace and proper behavior. Look a tiny bit closer and you’ll see that Cassie has another side – the one whose language could make a sailor blush as she drinks him under the table. 

Thanks to her loving husband Tom, who even after thirty years of marriage, never hesitates to put Cassie over his knee when she strays too far from his view of ladylike behavior, few people other than close old friends know this side of Cassie exists. 

Cassie and Tom show that love and passion are not the sole property of the young. Love and passion grows and changes with age. While aging may bring on challenges – the love and passion between these two people only grows stronger. 

Buy 



22 comments:

  1. Thank-you for the nice interview with one of the nicest people I know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this, especially how the characters of Tom and Cassie came about. Thank you Celeste and PK :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you read it Roz, Cassie's been with me a long time.

      Delete
  3. Celeste,
    very nice interview, with a fast rising, up and coming, soon to be, a very famous author. :P
    I hope that you feel suitably honoured. ;)
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul if you make my head any bigger I'll never be able to fly over and meet you one day.

      Delete
  4. Nice interview Celeste. Thank you for hosting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice interview. Thank you Celeste and PK.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like mature couples in a romance. Some didn't like my story because my characters were in their 40's, but I enjoyed writing it:) Older people can fall in love too and married people are certainly allowed to keep romance alive in their marriage. Sounds like Tom and Cassie have a good thing going. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and Happy Birthday, PK!

    I am 41 years old, and have been married for 15 years. DD is new to us though. :)

    I love reading about couples my age!
    Thanks so much!
    Good luck!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine,
      Though Cassie would say you are very young, you've flattered her.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, PK! What a wonderful story, a wonderful occasion, and a wonderful celebration. Many blessings to you as you find new stepping stones in your journey.

    You're a published author. Take a moment to let it soak in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana,
      I'm loving this, but I need to take your advice to take a moment to let it soak in - so far I haven't.

      Delete
  9. Celeste! You have helped to make my birthday wonderful. Thank you so much for having me over. I've loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. And, I'll be checking on you later to see if you have taken a moment to enjoy the fact that you are now a published author. Not just someone who talks about someday, maybe I'll think about writing a book, but a person who DID IT.

      Delete
  10. Hope that you have had a wonderful birthday, PK!!! :) loved reading your interview here. How exciting that you have the next book going!! I wish you well on your author journey!! I am excited to read more Cassie!! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,
      The birthday was just great! The whole book things has been amazing and it does not feel real yet.

      Delete
  11. I hope you had a great birthday, PK! Congrats on your release...I'm very much looking forward to reading Cassie's Space! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I would be honored to have you read a book of mine.

      Delete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!