Happy July 4 to those in the US. Thanks for stopping by.Natasha Knight is here to share one of her favorite Spanking Books.
Judgment--the ultimate disciplinary establishment, a forbidding mountain fortress where unfortunate young women are taken and trained to become the perfect submissives for a world-wide market. Abandoned to the whims of Judgment's ruthless masters, Callie McGuire descends into the depths of this prison, discovering a new capacity for sensuality as she becomes Mischief, the personal plaything of the Mountain Lord.
I've read this book three times now I think, maybe four. It was recommended to me by Trent Evans when I asked for a darker read without a depressing ending and I can tell you, after some months, I still think about it.
Denise Hall is another pen name Maren Smith uses to write darker erotica in case you did not know. Part of what captured me in this book was the non-con, abduction scenario and what subsequently happened to Mischief at the fortress. The book opens with Mischief in police custody after she's been separated from her Master, The Mountain Lord, Tane. Throughout the first half of the book, I couldn’t decide what I wanted - for Mischief to be 'saved' from him or for her to be returned to her Master. Tane was not a kind man, he never once let her off the hook and punished her harshly from the beginning, but somewhere in those pages, something happened and I wanted them to be reunited. I can't really explain it because this book was the definition of non-con, and I shouldn't want that, right? I should want her to be rescued…???
So my questions for you follow but I'd love to hear any others you have or any parts of the story that stayed with you. For me, the words "This one loves her Master, heart and soul," are so powerful, I can still hear Mischief say them.
1. This was darker than the usual spanking fiction I read but I have a great love of the capture fantasy. Maybe it's the idea of being wholly at someone else's mercy, but only if that someone else takes a very special interest in you. What did you think of how the story opened, how Judgment was introduced, how the Mountain Lord and the other Masters were introduced? Was it too much too fast and too harsh, or did it make you sit up and pay attention? Make you give up a night of sleep because you had to keep reading?
2. There was no time wasted when the first sex scene in the book was a non-consensual anal scene. To me, this is the ultimate act of power over another. Did this turn you off to the book or to Tane or did it have the opposite effect?
3. This book hit all the right buttons for me and one of the reasons for that was the way the punishment scenes were done. The demerit caning was probably the most intense. What do you look for in a corporal punishment scene and how detailed do you like it to be? Did you find the punishments in this book to be too severe or difficult to read? Have you ever stopped reading a book because you found the spankings to be harsh or excessive?
4. How long do you think it would take to break a woman in a setting such as Judgment?
5. At one point, Mischief walks out of Judgment but stops. No one is following her (she believes) and she can escape, but she doesn't. Instead, she turns around and goes back to Tane, slips back into bed with him, touching him, her tormentor. How did this particular scene make you feel? Were you telling her to run or by now, were you hoping someone would come out and take her back?