Monday, August 11, 2014

Lucky Me!

Guess what I got to do recently....

No, you'll never guess.

I had lunch with Renee Rose! Yes, in person. It was fabulous. Mr. Jones and I (and our dog) had a lovely lunch with Renee and Mr. Rose and later we got to meet the little Rose Buds too. What a sweet family!

This year I have met (and eaten great meals with) several spanking fiction authors: Jade Cary, Sue Lyndon, Cara Bristol. Alta Hensley, Maren Smith, Bethany Burke and Renee Rose.

It's like I hit the lottery!

Confession...meeting these people in person reminds me of online dating. You've chatted on line, read their naughty books and blog posts, but meeting in person still starts out a little awkwardly. Will they like me? Will they be the way I expect them to be? (With online dating there was also the issue of "will they kiss me?" "What's going to happen after dinner?" That was not an issue in any of these meetings, fyi.)

Guess what---they were all fabulous people.

What about you? Have you met other spanking fiction authors or bloggers? What was it like?

6 comments:

  1. No photos??? This is the Year of Personal Interaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky lady!
    I have met one in person. I made plans to meet two others. That fell through because of me. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so wonderful to meet you in person!! Lol-- I should have posted the photo! Was I what you thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you got to meet in person. I haven't had the opportunity and would love to be able to meet fellow bloggers. Glad you had a wonderful time together.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so lucky to meet several bloggers, Eva, Grace and Ceeci from the 'old days'. More recently I've gotten to meet Florida Dom, Leigh Smith and Katie from This Whole Thing. I've been impressed by everyone of them. And I understand your comparison to online dating - but for each one I felt we had talk so much before we met there were no surprises, unless you can say that they were even more fun than I'd expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved meeting you, Celeste! Your comparison to online dating had me cracking up, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!