Saturday, August 9, 2014

Remember Me?

I've been pretty slack about blogging lately. My apologies.

I'm not one to share a ton about my personal life here, especially the less pleasant things, so I'll just say that my husband and I are no longer living with my parents.

But, I'm slowly getting back to being me and I plan to blog regularly from now on.

Good news...I have a new book coming out soon! Yes, in the midst of family crapola, I was able to finish a book.

Mark your calendars...September 6 is the release date for School's In Session Boxed set featuring books by Renee Rose, Maggie Carpenter, Dinah McLeod, Kate Richards and little ole me! 

My story is called Laying Down the Law.

Here's the unofficial blurb: Newly divorced and returning to law school after a twenty year absence, Ali Stewart has just one class to complete before sitting for the bar exam, becoming a lawyer and moving on with her life. She feels out of place with her much younger classmates, but she's determined to succeed and put her ex-husband far in the past. 
When she is paired with Griff for the semester, she learns that he even though he is much younger, there is much he can teach her, in and out of the classroom.
Laying Down The Law is an erotic romance which includes spanking, anal sex and graphic sex.  


Here's a little snippet to whet your appetite. 

"Mmm. Nice haircut." A warm voice whispered in her ear.
            Griff. Standing next to her. Smiling that naughty I-know-you-better-than-you-know-you smile as he met her eyes in the store window.
            Oh no. Then she saw it. This wasn't just any store window. Of course not. Lingerie, accessories, toys and implements were arranged to full effect on the other side of the window.
            "Were you doing some window shopping or just waiting for me to arrive so we could go inside together?"
            "What are you talking about? I just happened to stop because, well, I wanted to look at my new haircut. I didn't realize what kind of store this was."
            "Sure, that's what they all say. I suppose when you go inside to buy all your naughty toys you act surprised that they were in your shopping cart."
            "I do not buy naughty toys. I have never been inside a shop like this. What is wrong with you?"
            "There's nothing wrong with me. I'm wondering what's wrong with you that you haven't been in a sex shop before. Wait…I know. You order your goodies online. That makes much more sense."
            "I do not order "goodies" online."
            "You don't have any naughty toys? A little vibrating friend to keep you company?"
            "Griff, you cannot talk to me like that. This is embarrassing and it's none of your business."
            "So that's a no."
            She stomped her foot in frustration. "What are you doing here?"
            "Shopping."
            "Oh. For your girlfriend?" Was she actually fishing for information?
            "I don't have a girlfriend at the moment." Ali felt a surprising sense of relief and excitement.
            "But I do have my eye on someone special." The relief and excitement were replaced by self-loathing. Of course he has his eye on someone. He's a young man in his prime. She glanced at the mannequin in the window sporting a tiny thong, garter belt and bustier. A tiny flicker of something she thought was long dead…desire…hummed in her loins.
            Griff's arm slid around her hips. "Let's go inside, hot stuff." His voice was a husky whisper and before she realized it, she was inside a sex shop. Ironically, she was grateful for her internet sexting and other photo research so that she didn't gape and point at everything around her.
            The logical part of her brain shouted "What are you doing? This is insane. He just told you there's a girl he's interested in. What are you going to do? Buy a vibrator to take home and enjoy while he buys his girlfriend pretty underwear?"
            The less logical part of her brain said Shut up and go for it."
            Ali chose something in between. "So, you said you had your eye on someone special. Is it anyone I know?"
            Griff had a shopping basket on his arm and tossed a tube of lube into it as casually as Ali bought a loaf of bread at the grocery store. "Yes, as a matter of fact, you do know her."
            She knew it. Breanna, a stunning blonde, had been particularly attentive to Griff. Well, good for them.
            "Good. Is it Breanna?"
            Griff picked up a black leather item beneath a sign that said "floggers". He smacked the strands of leather against his palm.  "No," he said, waving the implement in the air a couple times to listen to the whoosh it made.
            Surprised, Ali tried to think of someone else. "Katie?"
            "Nope."
            Fortunately Ali had a good memory and had learned nearly everyone's name in the class. "Ashley?"
            "No way."
            "Brittany?"
            "Oh come on." He bent the flogger between his hands. Ali couldn't take her eyes off his fingers as they manipulated the mysterious leather toy.
            "David?" Ali hadn't considered the possibility that Griff might be gay, but she was never very good at picking up subtleties so could have easily missed something.
            "Really? Do you think I have a shot with him?" Griff slapped the flogger against his thigh, then looked up at her with a grin.
            Ali opened her mouth to reply, though she had no idea what to say. Before she could formulate a response, the flogger crashed into her backside. "It's you, Ali. You're the one I have my eye on."
            Shocked by his statement, and the feel of the flogger, she simply stood, staring. "No," she finally said.
            "Yes," Griff said, his dark eyes conveying an unmistakable message. He slipped his arms around her waist, pulled her to him and kissed her gently on the lips. "Yes, Ali."

18 comments:

  1. Sounds very enticing.

    Sorry about the move, although I can't say I'm surprised. It is difficult at best meshing two households.Hope things are going better for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Apparently I am the only one who is surprised that it didn't work out.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for her to take note of all the stuff he added to the cart now that she knows he's interested in her! :-) Glad to see you have a new book coming out. Let me know if you want a guest slot on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet I'll take you up on that offer. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you have a book coming out and it does sound like a good one. Although beautiful women in their twenties have their place, I'd rather read about someone older.

    I lived ten minutes from my folks and that was perfect. I often had to stay till midnight, but coming home meant everything to me. Hope all is reasonably well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PK. I think there is a place in romance for the more "seasoned" heroine and I'm glad that with epublishing readers are getting the chance to read about mature love too.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry your living situation didn't work out. I honestly can't imagine how all that would go, either good or bad. You sound like you're in a happier place now, and that's the important part. Glad you've got a new book coming out. I'll stand in the line around the block to get my copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living with your parents can be hard when we are do much older. However sometimes it can be done... It's just different.
    Glad you are able to get on with it and write! The book sounds sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we weren't part of that group that can make it work. LOL.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear things didn't work out living with your parents

    Yay on the upcoming book! Wonderful enticing excerpt and love the premise.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz. I'm excited to have a new book coming out soon. Very different from my Regenies. LOL

      Delete
  7. I remember you ;-) Looking forward to your book as well.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you're back, Celeste. Missed you.

    Anastasia Vitsky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana. :) I'm glad to be back...now to think of something to blog about.

      Delete
  9. Yay! I can't wait for this one! Griff sounds sexy already, and he picked up a flogger so I am just certain I will like him ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!