Friday, November 28, 2014

Spanking Stories Book Club The Doctor and The Naughty Girl by Trent Evans

Please welcome Natasha Knight for this week's discussion of The Doctor and the Naughty Girl by Trent Evans, which is part of the What The Doctor Ordered Collection. We'll be talking about the books in this hot medical BDSM set for the rest of the year. Yum! 



Hi Celeste, thank you so much for hosting Casey, Trent, Sue, Tara and I in the coming weeks with our book collection, What the Doctor Ordered. I know it's holiday time so it's likely busy for everyone but hey, what better way to take a break from all the stresses than by chatting about naughty things with like-minded friends?? ;) Today I'm hosting a discussion on Trent's book, The Doctor and the Naughty Girl. It's a typical Trent Evans book: hot hot hot spanking/sex scenes, a beautiful (yet troubled) love story to go with it and in this case, some medical play to round things off.

My questions to readers are these:

1. Medical play - what do you think? Is it a new to you? Do you find it hotter than you expected to or less so? What is it about medical that appeals (if it does)? For me, if I had to choose one thing, it would be the humiliation factor. It's there in all spanking romance. I mean, let's face it, spankings as an adult ARE embarrassing but (at least for me) that humiliation also is a big part of what gets me kind of hot and bothered. TMI, apologies, but please feel free to share your own bit of TMI!! I think we all kind of like it.

2. So, Amity…dear, sweet, begging for a spanking Amity. I have to say, I liked her, but wanted to smack her upside the head at times. She seemed set on making poor choices and setting herself up to fail. And Dr. McKendrick, well, what I loved about him
was that he was absolutely uncompromising once he decided how he would deal with his wayward receptionist. How did you feel about their relationship and Dane's discipline of Amity? Do you think it crossed a line because he was her boss?

3. I have this idea that being around someone, you can kind of tell if he/she is kinky or dominant. I’m not sure why I think this but I just do and wonder if it's subconscious (or wishful thinking) on my part. Throughout the story, Amity is unnerved by Nurse Cathy. Do you think she subconsciously knew Cathy was a Domme and was reacting naturally given her submissive nature?


The Doctor and the Naughty Girl by Trent Evans (Blurb)

Dr. Dane McKendrick is tired of his twenty-four-year-old receptionist, Amity Derrington, failing to take her job seriously. Amity is beautiful and smart, but the rich, spoiled girl clearly needs a firm hand, and when she shows up late for work and hung over yet again, Dane lets her know that from now on her behavior will have consequences. It isn’t long before Amity puts Dane’s warning to the test, and she soon ends up over his knee for a long, hard, bare-bottom spanking. Worse still, when Dane learns the extent to which she has neglected her annual check-ups, Amity quickly finds herself receiving the most intimate, embarrassing exam of her life.



Buy What The Doctor Ordered: Amazon  Blushing Books 

4 comments:

  1. I'm allowed to play even though I am part of the box set, right? I am anyway...

    1. I did not think I would ever like medical play. Turns out I do, go figure! I think you are right, Natasha, that is has something to do with the humiliation. Also, doctors as Doms- I mean they already have all the control in most situations, right? Medical play is one of those things in the category of "I like reading this but keep your medical equipment out of my real life kink." I think I might run the other way if Mr. McKay met me in the bedroom with a medical bag. Although... no nevermind. I am sticking with that!

    2. I think Dane's and Amity's relationship was HOTTER because he was her boss. Also, the whole disapproving father thing. Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest and all that. Yeah, Amity pissed me off for a good part of the story, but I think Trent did a good job of showing her motivation (or lack there of) for always screwing up. She didn't come off as just a brat who didn't care- you really got to see her internal struggle of 'I should be doing this' but then falling into her old ways.

    3. OMG I always think I can tell when people are kinky! We all think we're sly slipping things into normal conversation until another kinkster is in the group, right? Anyway, yes, I thought from the beginning that Amity bristled at Nurse Cathy because she knew subconsiously she was a Domme. From the beginning Cathy pegs her as a brat and doesn't want to deal with her and Amity responds by being brattier. It's almost like she was begging to be put in her place... good thing that sexy Doctor Dane was there :)

    Great questions Natasha! And hot book Trent- I am so glad we are in the same box set together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm a big fan of medical play....STORIES, LOL. For me, I love the humiliation the heroine must endure during her examination, and the idea of a dominant doctor is just HOT. Not sure if I'd ever do it. Maybe I'll buy Mr. Lyndon a medical bag for Christmas and see what happens...

    2. What Casey said! Boss/employee spanking scenarios get me going, so I think him being her boss just made it ten times hotter...yum!

    3. I sometimes observe a couple talking or interacting and I'll think they might be kinky...but it's not like I'm brave enough to ask! Maybe we need a secret handshake or something? I also felt like Amity was begging to be put in her place and maybe she did suspect Cathy was a Domme early on. It really felt like she was crying out for help in a way, and luckily Dr. Dane knew just what she needed. :)

    Thanks for hosting What the Doctor Ordered, Celeste! Loved your story, Trent! And great questions, Natasha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A secret handshake... I am just over here laughing.

      Delete
  3. 1. Surprisingly, I find medical play is a lot hotter than I expected it to be. I mean, when you're due your regular exam, hotness is the last thing on your mind, but put it on paper and damn, it sends my temperature soaring. I just hope I have forgotten all I read by the time my next check up is due :D

    2. LMAO, I get you on wanting to smack Amity for her choices. But I thought maybe it was envy on my part - I wish I was young enough to party 7 nights a week and still look good on it!
    The fact that Dane was her boss was not a turn off at all, if anything Amity thought she held the balance of power for quite a while, not quite thinking he could do much about her sloppy attitude. I didn't think Dane was too hard on her, she had an out at any stage she wanted it. He was experienced enough to see how she was responding, and boy did she ever need some accountability. That he was her boss didn't bother me either. She always had choices, and without throwing out any spoilers, quite a lot of choices actually. I never felt sorry for her, and more tellingly, I never felt annoyed at Dane.
    3. Can you tell if a person is kinky? Can I just say that question terrifies me? I seriously hope not, otherwise my cover is blown as I play little miss normal suburban mom. :)
    I am not so sure if Amity's dislike of Cathy came from seeing the Domme in Cathy any more than Cathy's dislike of Amity came from seeing the imperfect sub in Amity, but yes, I do think their respective roles had something to do with the animosity between them.

    Great questions Natasha. I really enjoyed this story and I loved the characters and of course, the sizzling heat.




    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!