Friday, November 1, 2013

#Sat Spanks

Happy November! Lady Katherine's Conundrum will be released November 13, so mark your calendars. 





Set up: As you will recall from Lady Katherine's Comeuppance, Lady Katherine was devastated by the fact that her friend, Lady Lorena Arnold, abandoned her when she needed her most. In this snippet, Thomas and Katherine discuss the matter again. 

“She shall not be forgiven, her disloyalty showed her true character and I, for one, do not wish to be associated with women of that ilk.”
“Ilk?”
She huffed. “Honestly, do not Americans speak English? It means type, people like her. I do not want anyone to believe that I am her friend because she was no friend to me.” Katherine harrumphed, crossed her arms and stared out the window of the carriage, anger warring with the sadness and hurt she still bore, but would never acknowledge, over the betrayal by her friend.
“I think you miss your friend,” Thomas said.
Katherine turned on him. “Well, you are sorely mistaken, my lord, because I do not miss her any more than I miss having a cold or stubbing my toe.”

“Odd that you did not include spankings in that list.” 

26 comments:

  1. Yay! Hurry up November 13th. Lady Katherine really dies have a strop on doesn't she? I wonder if Thomas helps her get over it... Sounds like he's about to..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas is very helpful. He was probably a Regency Boy Scout.

      Delete
  2. You made me smile on this chilly morning with the explanation of 'ilk.' That was fun. However, I have to say that I can't wait till haughty Katherine gets a good spanking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      It was a fun scene to write so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if he believes her any more than we do. Not that he need more reason to take her over his knee, but she's lying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dare to call Lady Katherine Winchester a liar? LOL

      Delete
  4. Oh yes she is ready for a spanking! I wonder if the friendship will begin again? Hmmmm....Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What...no dirty talk this week? LOL kidding. Loved this snippet and I can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is definitely on my wish list. November 13th can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the snippets that are the lead-up into the spanking, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. In this book, just about everything is a lead up to a spanking. :)

      Delete
  8. I love his line at the end. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hee hee. that was like a punchline having spankings included at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is interesting that she didn't include it! I was afraid there would be no mention of what she has coming. Thanks for the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :D Love that last line! Great snippet, Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, how odd! LOL. I love their dynamic, that they have a connection that allows her to share her feelings (even if she denies them).

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehe no spankings on the not-miss list :D I love her huffing "Don't Americans speak English?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Will he take her over his knee in the carriage? Please say yes. What will the driver say? Nothing or he is canned. LOL

      Delete
  15. bahaha Loved that. too funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!