Spanking Stories Book Club and SpankA2Z M is for...
The macho, manly, magnificent hero of Cara Bristol's Terran, which very conveniently is today's Spanking Stories Book Club selection.
I love it when a plan works out.
Here's the blurb for Terran:
After fleeing heartache on Terra, Tara Diehl has adjusted to male-dominated Parseon better than most until she is kidnapped by Alpha Marlix, a ruling commander. At first her tall, muscled abductor terrifies her, especially when he doesn’t hesitate to quell her struggle for freedom with some force. When her attempts to escape fail, she decides to seduce her way to freedom.
But out of seduction and subterfuge grow a true intimacy that cause Marlix and Tara to take action that drives Parseon to the brink of civil war, threatening not only their relationship, but also their lives.
I know many of you have read this book so I'm looking forward to today's discussion.
My questions (but feel free to add your own questions or thoughts on the book).
1. If you had the opportunity to go to another planet, would you?
2. Parseon women don't menstruate. Earth women do, which leads to one of the more vivid and comical scenes in the book. What do you think about including menstruation as a plot device?
3. Marlix and his beta have a very different relationship than Dak and his beta did in Breeder (the first book in the series). Did that surprise you? Do you think that a heterosexual couple could have a relationship like Marlix and Urazi, where they are friends but each seeks sexual gratification outside the relationship?
4. Marlix was often portrayed as sort of a big goofball. Although he wasn't a virgin, he was inexperienced in the ways of seduction and Terran style sex. Was this a turn on or do you prefer an experience hero?
5. Have you read both Breeder and Terran? If so, how did the two stories compare to one another? Did you like one better?
P.S. I'm going to be away from my computer most of the day so I've asked Cara to respond to comments and I'll be back to check on all of you later, so behave. Or not. :) What's next?