Friday, April 26, 2013

Spanking Stories Book Club: Rules of War Wrap Up


We've made it to the last Friday in April so that means this is our last discussion of Rules of War by Sue Lyndon. 

This was my first post-apocalyptic story (is that even the right word for it?) and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I suppose I should be bothered that the US appears to have lost, but I liked John so it seemed okay. I suppose that's another one of those things I'm willing to put up with in a book but real life might be very different. 

I think the idea that life as Emma knew it was completely changed made the security and comfort that John provided that much more significant. 

What about the rest of you? 

Final thoughts? 

Which scene was your favorite? 

And a reminder---next week we start our discussion of The Devil of Whiskey Row by Renee Rose. We'll go from the future to the past...but regardless of the era, butts will be spanked. 

3 comments:

  1. I think the fact that life as Emma knew it had ended made the DD relationship with John more acceptable. She had no choice. She was quite luck HE had found her, and not someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all kinds of post-apocalyptic stories and movies. Add spanking to it, and I'm in heaven. Thanks for having Rules of War as your book of the month, Celeste! I've already read The Devil of Whiskey Row, so I'm already done my 'homework' for next month, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Emma proves her intelligence several times in the book (1) when she holes up to avoid the conflict (hungry is better than dead or raped); (2) when she decides not to run away; (3) when she determines that John is actually a good guy, a guy she can love. I don't think submissive women (or women who become submissive due to circumstances beyond their control) have to be stupid screw-ups. Making errors in judgment, yes, but not stupid ones. I think Sue wrote an intelligent Emma perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!