Monday, July 23, 2012

A Tech Tip For Your Kindle


I noticed that Cara Bristol is giving away a download of her first book, which reminded me of this great tech tip. I've shared this info w/a couple people who were amazed that their kindle/iPad had this capability so I thought I'd pass it on.

Did you know you can email Word documents to your kindle and they show up in your list of books to be read? This is great for writers who want to see how their work looks but also for those who win books online (I won a book via Twitter and that's how I found out how to do this).

Here's what you do:
Go to Amazon and log into your account. Then go to manage your kindle. On the left there's a box that says Your Kindle Account and in that box there's a link called Personal Document Settings. Click that. There you see Send To Kindle Email settings. An email address has been assigned to each of your devices that you have registered. Then go to the email account that is linked to your kindle and send a word doc to the email address for your kindle. It automatically shows up in your list of books on the kindle.
I thought there was a whole other email account, but that's not how it works. It's very cool. If you have one email account for your "real life" and one for your spanko life, you'll need to make sure the email is from the email that is linked to your kindle. I just forward from my Celeste Jones email to my real name email and then send it to the kindle.

3 comments:

  1. This is good info for someone like me who cannot even figure out a blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle---
      If you need some help figuring out blogger, send me an email and I'll try to help.

      celestejones215 at rocketmail.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks I will later today!! Ask PK and Sunngirl, you may regret your kind offer! lol

      Delete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!