Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Got Off My Butt!

Everyone is motivated differently. For some, the promise of a prize or reward will get them into gear. For others, it might be a fear of punishment.

 For me, I hate not doing what I say I'm going to do, so I need public accountability. 

That's why I'm optimistic about the Get Off Our Butts (GOOB) challenge. 

Yesterday was the first day. Usually I walk my dog just enough to get things taken care of, if you know what I mean. But yesterday we walked an additional 10 mins or so in order to work on my goal of 60 mins of exercise. After that, the day took off and it seemed like it was almost 5 pm and getting dark and I had only done 20 mins, but I knew I'd made a promise, so I rode my stationery bike for 20 min  two different times to make up the promised exercise. 

Sometimes it's just a matter of remembering. 

And not wanting to admit that I didn't do it. 

How did the rest of you do? 

8 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    It's better to do this as a group that's for sure!

    I started yesterday too!
    I had a 30 minute walk and tried to keep track of calories all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I added your blog to my list over there ---->. Do you want me to send you the logo? I think you can just copy it from my post below.

    Thanks for being part of Team GOOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my 45 mins with the hula hoop..about 30 of it with the weighted one. Ate my 3 meals, but fell short on my water intake :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay! Yay for GOOBers!

    Wilma, you might consider letting yourself substitute tea for some of your water. I keep a water bottle at my desk all the time and sip while I write. I never worry about getting enough that way. :)

    Yay Emi!

    You all reminded me that I still have to do my 20 minutes today. My goal seems pathetic compared to all of yours but hey...we all start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Celeste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I had that yukky procedure yesterday.,..I am working on things today! Did my relaxercise this morning, now I am heading out to the health club to do the rest! Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!