Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Making Wishes

Cara Bristol had a post earlier this week about making a list of 100 Wishes. You can find it here.

I took the challenge, opened a Word document (it does the numbering for you) and made my list. It was a very interesting exercise and I encourage all of you to give it a try.

Some of my thoughts on doing this.

  • At first I was treating it like a bucket list of things to do rather than a wish list of things to hope for, but once I got that distinction in my mind it was more fun. What I mean is, instead of a list of things I would like to do or own, I could add things like wishing for financial security for a friend. That doesn't mean I have to provide it (but wouldn't it be nice if I could?)

  • I have very few wishes for things. And because I live a pretty simple life, the things I did want are probably taken for granted by many people. For example, my house doesn't have a bathtub (don't worry, there is running water and a shower, just no tub) so that is on my list.

  • A couple of times I asked myself if I wanted to wish for something for a particular person in my life and then thought "No, not really." Sorry.

  • Many of my wishes had to do with improving or mending relationships. (See my less than generous attitude referenced above. Hmmm.)
 
  • A fair number of the items on my list are things I could make happen now.

  • One wish I made was to meet some of my online friends in person. Wouldn't that be fun?
This exercise has generated some interesting discussions with my husband and friends, too.

Take a few minutes to really think about what you want in your life and make a list. It'll be fun. Really.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to make your wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice exercise. I actually would have so many wishes to help certain family members that I would need lots of money!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!