Friday, July 19, 2013

Spanking Stories Book Club--- Tomorrow by Anastasia Vitsky

 
 
 
We're almost at the end of our journey through the seven stories in Coming To Terms. But, don't be too sad....the fabulous writers from Coming to Terms have all agreed to create another treasure trove of spank-a-licious stories to be released in December.
 
But, until then, let's savor the rest of summer and the rest of the stories.
 
Speaking of "the rest of the stories" we'll read Renee Rose's Spank And Run from Coming To Terms next week. After that, the schedule will look like this:
Friday, August 2: Cara Bristol's Destiny's Chance
Friday, August 9: Patricia Green's Correcting Kathy
Friday, August 16: Sheri Savill's Bound for Disappointment 
Friday, August 23: Emma K. Gardner's Headstrong Miss Henley
Friday, August 30: Kate Richard's Spanking Miss Whitman
You may have noticed that instead of one per month, we are reading one book per week. With a month per book, the discussions sort of lagged after a couple weeks, plus, with one per week, we can read some shorter stories.
 
Whew. Now that we have all of that out of the way, let's talk about Tomorrow by Anastasia Vitsky.
 
Picking up the pieces after an unexpected separation, thirty-something Kat Astra tries to make sense of a relationship gone wrong. Ever since the two met as college roommates, Natalie has been an infuriating mixture of confidence, overprotectiveness, discipline, and emotional unavailability. Natalie expects openness and honesty from Kat, but she forgets one thing: Natalie has needs, too.

When they seek help, the couple receives a mandate: create new, positive memories to replace the old, hurtful ones. In an uncharacteristic move, Natalie plans a trip for them to get away from their daily grind. On their first vacation together, they come to terms with their relationship roles. How will they make things work? Will the fun of their time in the sun carry over into their ordinary life, or will they continue their cycle of misunderstandings?

"Tomorrow" serves as an intermezzo between The Way Home and Lighting the Way, the first two books in the Kat and Natalie series. The third book will be available in November of 2013.

A couple of things stood out for me (but feel free to chime in with your own) as I re-read this story.

First, the idea of creating happy memories made me stop and think. I like to think that I am fairly upbeat, but if I stop and think about it, am I really making an effort to create happy memories for the people in my life? As someone said last week, it was like a public service announcement reminding me to make the effort.

Second, there was a sweet scene with a gentle Sarsi World employee named Bas who came to Kat and Natalie's assistance with kind words, reassurance, and a couple of Sarsi world pins.

And, of course, there was the fabulous writing and the ever complicated story of Kat and Nat. It was nice to see the two of them have fun together.

For those of us who have been following Kat and Nat, it was fun to get this little bonus visit to their world.

What about everyone else? What were your thoughts on this story?

I'll be out of town this weekend with limited internet access, but please feel free to carry on the discussion without me.



 


7 comments:

  1. I have to agree about creating happy memories to replace negative or painful memories. I love the concept and the lesson for real life. we all have seasons of trouble and this reminds us to cherish moments!
    I love anything with Kat and Nat but this story just made me so happy. It was healing on so many levels!
    Thanks Celeste for the book club conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Minelle...this story of Kat and Nat did make me very happy. I try to give those around me happy memories or at least happy thoughts to either start or end their days. Much prefer laughing to crying. ;)

    Thanks for hosting the book club Celeste and thanks to all the writers in 'Coming to Terms'...all were excellent!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly agree it's much better to create happy memories. It can be a challenge not to slip into daily routines, but it really doesn't take much joy to counteract the mundane. Good thoughts on this, Celeste. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it was nice to see Kat and Natalie having fun, and even though I detest amusement parks LOL I really loved the story.

    Looking forward to you kicking it up a notch in the book club. I need to get reading! I've only read two of the titles on your list...eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very sweet story and I love the concept of making a conscious effort to make happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like trying to set aside some time to try and make some happy memories. But anytime I plan anything too much it just stresses me out! I agree, I liked seeing Kat and Nat cutting loose and having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Celeste and everyone who participated.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!