Please give a warm Spanking Stories Book Club welcome to Kate Richards who is here to disucss Cara Bristol's Long Shot.
Hi Everyone, I’m Kate Richards and today it is my honor to host the book club as we discuss one of my favorite stories in the fabulously successful new series, which I am lucky enough to be part of, Corbin’s Bend. When Thianna D. first broached the idea, it sounded great but over the past months, it grew from a plan to a living, breathing community with characters you could meet and be glad to know anywhere. But Corbin’s Bend has one big difference; it’s a spanking community where those who ‘indulge’ can be free to express themselves without fear of censure.
In Cara Bristol’s Long Shot (Book 5) we make the acquaintance of Abby Delaney, a new arrival and Harris Montgomery, a local business owner…but let’s take a look at the blurb:
Abby Delaney moves to Corbin’s Bend to work at her aunt’s antique store to recover from a painful divorce. She gets more than expected when she meets sexy, charming Harris Montgomery, a local businessman and tennis pro, a man who seems to be the exact opposite of her ex-husband. Through Harris, she discovers her submissive side when he introduces her to spanking good times, and she begins to trust herself again. But when the relationship progresses to a deeper level, she discovers Harris and her ex share more in common than she’d thought. With future happiness on the line, can she risk surrendering her heart on a long shot?
So often in life we find that people go from relationship to relationship and make the same mistakes, but here we have a woman who meets a man who is so different from her previous marriage. It’s heartbreaking to see a friend on her third marriage to essentially the same type over and over only to be on the same path to pain. And not the good kind.
For me, Abby’s considering such a different relationship dynamic, with a man who truly could be the head of household, a real leader, was a huge part of the story and inspires my first question for you:
1. . Do you think it’s possible for people in real life to change drastically and find happiness in doing so? Or is our ‘type’ unchangeable?
2. Abby’s interest in spanking seems to have been subconscious for a long time when she meets Harris, do you think it’s possible for a woman to open up so quickly and accept her fantasies made real?
3. This is a little less deep…but what was your favorite of the antiques Aunt Quincy has for sale in her ‘spanking department’?
4. Abby had lost everything she once held dear due to her ex. How difficult do you think it would be to learn to trust again after such an experience?
5. Which of Abby’s friends do you think might make her home in Corbin’s Bend in the future?
Well, that’s it from Corbin’s Bend. I hope you’ll find time to visit with us often. And bring your favorite spanking toys…or stop by the antique store. Abby and her aunt would be glad to find one to your taste.
Coming up... click on the titles for Amazon buy links.
August 8 - "Leading the Way" by Constance Masters - Discussion Leader: Maren Smith
August 15 - "Where They Both Belong" by Thianna D. - Discussion Leader:
August 22 - "For Ben" by Kate Richards - Discussion Leader: Cara Bristol
August 29 - "A Simple Misunderstanding" by Kathryn R. Blake - Discussion Leader: Tara Finnegan
September 6 - "Last Dance for Cadence" by Maren Smith - Discussion Leader: Emily Tilton